Aging is inevitable, but doesn’t have to mean growing old, burdened by unnecessary health problems.
Embrace Wellness will put you on the path to remaining strong and fit at any age. Our staff will personally assess your strengths and challenges, then work alongside you developing a personalized wellness blueprint for the rest of your life. With convenient access to our modern and spacious wellness center, you’ll find new ways to remain active, energetic, healthy and well.
Unrivaled in both equipment and the caliber of its instructors, the wellness center provides year-round therapy and exercise with its impressive indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and dry sauna. Add to it Keiser and NuStep strength-training and fitness equipment and workouts become safe, effective and easy.
- Heated indoor pool
- Whirlpool tub and dry sauna
- Exercise gym with air-pressure controlled Kaiser-strength equipment, cross-trainers, treadmills, recumbent exercise cycles, and an elliptical trainer
- Men’s and Women’s locker rooms with private showers
- Private massage therapy room
- Aerobics exercise room
- Wellness and water Exercise classes
- Personal wellness assessments
- Wellness nurse
- Nutritional counseling
Wellness classes offered include:
- Water aerobics
- Tai Chi
- Strength & Stretch
- Low impact aerobics
Additional wellness services include:
- Spiritual support
- Nutritional counseling
- Wellness clinic
- Weight management
- Massage therapy*
*Contracted provider – fee for service
Embrace Health offers Southminster residents the highest level of medical care for both short rehabilitation stays and long-term skilled nursing, all in a home-like atmosphere with private suites and restaurant quality meals. Our team meets every future resident, listens, establishes and evaluates their individual needs. A Registered Nurse then communicates with a team of physicians, therapists, specialists, and other professionals to create a detailed assessment and recommend plan of care.
Our Resident and Family Life team helps residents and loved ones navigate through the complexities and stresses of a move or a crisis, and serves as a liaison with physicians, hospitals, case managers, therapists and others. We become advocates, carefully articulating needs and anticipated outcomes.
By exceeding NC State regulations for staffing, the Embrace Health team has the time and resources to devote themselves to addressing the individual needs of each resident.
As our residents face physical and emotional change, they can feel secure in the knowledge that caring and dedicated professionals are carefully overseeing and responding to them, embracing them with compassion, care and professionalism.
- 24-hour Registered Nurse Management
- Individualized plan of care
- Resident and family life care management
- On-site rehabilitation therapy including physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- On-site laboratory and pharmacy services
- Medication management
- Ancillary services including dentistry, mental health, podiatry, and audiology
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen service
- Three nutritional meals prepared daily by Southminster’s Executive Chef and culinary team
- Nutritional counseling with a full-time registered dietician
- Life enrichment and lifelong learning programming
- Individualized memory support programming
- Transportation coordination
- Pastoral care
There may come a time when you need a little help with some of life’s daily activities. Assisted Living residents enjoy a warm, welcoming neighborhood where we celebrate each resident’s individual level of independence. From the comfort and privacy of your own room, you’ll receive personal attention and services from an expert member of our health and wellness team. A calendar of life-enriching pursuits fills each day with meaningful events and social opportunities. A full dining experience, laundry service, and daily housekeeping are just a few of the services and amenities you’ll enjoy. Even if it’s only a little assistance you need, life is better knowing that it’s always nearby.
One of the special ministries of Southminster is caring for the residents and their families dealing with the many challenges posed by memory-loss conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease. Our proficient staff employs the latest techniques in memory-support care to orient and engage residents. In a comfortable, controlled environment, Southminster offers the personal and progressive care our residents need and the peace of mind their families deserve.
As a resident of Southminster’s skilled nursing neighborhood, feeling better starts with feeling at home. Surrounded by your own furniture, artwork, and favorite mementos, you’ll have access to the highest level of nursing care, 24 hours a day. Our team of professionally licensed nurses and certified assistants are committed to meeting your health and wellness needs on every level, whether your stay is brief or for a longer period of time. Physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy are available on-site, as well as a full complement of activity and dining opportunities.
Enjoy the security and convenience of customized care in the in the comfort of your home!
Just imagine what it would mean to your peace of mind and overall security to be able to live in the comfort of your own home while receiving attentive assistance from Southminster’s respected and compassionate healthcare professionals.
Today, much of what once required a clinical setting can be delivered without leaving your residence. As an extension of our “continuing care,” Southminster introduces Embrace Care, a fully-licensed home care provider. Whether living at Southminster or in your current home, Embrace Care can play a positive and supporting role in assessing, protecting and maintaining your health and well being.
Should you experience short-term health needs following surgery or an illness or require long-term assistance, Southminster’s Embrace Care is able to help. Carefully developed programs and services provide flexible individualized care options whenever you need them, all available to you without leaving the safety and comfort of your home. From helping you manage medications to simple companionship, Embrace Care’s broad spectrum of services will give you or your loved one increased understanding and control over personal medical matters and more freedom and choices in how you live your everyday life. These resources are also available to provide help and support for a spouse, or contribute to a much-needed break for overburdened family members and caregivers.
Should you have an interest in learning more about Embrace Care and the services available to you in your home, please call our Embrace Care team at 704-551-7110.
Available In-Home Services include assistance with:
- Daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Memory support
- Accompanying one to medical appointments
- Light household chores
- General errands
THE New EMBRACE LIVING CENTER
A Coming of Age for the Care Neighborhood Concept
Today our plans for creating the most residentcentered community in the Carolinas include replacing our existing health center with an architecturally vibrant new care community. It will provide residents who need nursing, assisted living or hospice care with a homelike setting, innovative design and a personcentered approach to care. Residents will enjoy open and inviting small neighborhoods with engaging activity areas designed to encourage socialization and participation even for those facing health challenges. The new design will ensure that residents and families always remain central to decision-making regarding their care.
Honoring Our Past,
Building Our Future
Southminster has been recognized as a visionary, non-profit charitable organization in the community for over 30 years. Thanks to the leadership of two local churches, Christ Episcopal and Myers Park Baptist, along with the generosity of hundreds of donors, we opened our doors in May 1987. In the 30+ years since, we have led the field as an award-winning life plan community, serving older adults in the Charlotte Mecklenburg region. Throughout it’s history, Southminster has provided the highest quality of care in concert with its values: a community with an atmosphere of mutual respect, a professional dedication to excellence from leadership; a high level of integrity focusing on ethical behavior, financial responsibility and accountability; a respect for the individual – maximizing independence and well-being, and a dedication to making a difference in the community through charity and outreach.
Community & Family
- Beautifully landscaped courtyards with easy access to cozy outdoor seating encouraging socialization, relaxation and recreation.
- Easily accessible large living rooms, library, sunroom and a demonstration kitchen area central to each neighborhood to be used for a variety of activities and events – cooking demonstrations, grabbing a snack and even preparing daily meals.
- Intimate, beautifully appointed dining rooms within each level of care.
- Uniquely designed to integrate with independent living social spaces.
- A new 200,000 square foot, 4-story, 85-bed
health center with modern technology and
- 25 assisted living apartments, one-bedroom
suites each with a kitchenette, living room,
separate bedrooms, fully tiled baths, and
- 60 private skilled nursing rooms with private
baths. Private spa bathing areas within each
- Private balconies on each level of care
overlooking the courtyard.
- Innovative design with zero entry showers and
pass through closets.
- 2 levels of underground parking and
additional visitor parking.
- Enhanced clinic area including primary care, psychiatry, podiatry, dentistry, audiology, and expanded physical therapy.
- Secured private access to Levine & Dickson Hospice House, a newly designed 12-bed inpatient community.
- Two levels of skilled nursing – four neighborhoods, each with 15 residential residences.