Aging is inevitable, but doesn’t have to mean growing old, burdened by unnecessary health problems.
Embrace Wellness will put you on the path to remaining strong and fit at any age. Our staff will personally assess your strengths and challenges, then work alongside you developing a personalized wellness blueprint for the rest of your life. With convenient access to our modern and spacious wellness center, you’ll find new ways to remain active, energetic, healthy and well.
Unrivaled in both equipment and the caliber of its instructors, the wellness center provides year-round therapy and exercise with its impressive indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and dry sauna. Add to it Keiser and NuStep strength-training and fitness equipment and workouts become safe, effective and easy.
- Heated indoor pool
- Whirlpool tub and dry sauna
- Exercise gym with air-pressure controlled Kaiser-strength equipment, cross-trainers, treadmills, recumbent exercise cycles, and an elliptical trainer
- Men’s and Women’s locker rooms with private showers
- Private massage therapy room
- Aerobics exercise room
- Wellness and water Exercise classes
- Personal wellness assessments
- Wellness nurse
- Nutritional counseling
Wellness classes offered include:
- Water aerobics
- Tai Chi
- Strength & Stretch
- Low impact aerobics
Additional wellness services include:
- Spiritual support
- Nutritional counseling
- Wellness clinic
- Weight management
- Massage therapy*
*Contracted provider – fee for service
Embrace Health offers Southminster residents the highest level of medical care for both short rehabilitation stays and long-term skilled nursing, all in a home-like atmosphere with private suites and restaurant quality meals. Our team meets every future resident, listens, establishes and evaluates their individual needs. A Registered Nurse then communicates with a team of physicians, therapists, specialists, and other professionals to create a detailed assessment and recommend plan of care.
Our Resident and Family Life team helps residents and loved ones navigate through the complexities and stresses of a move or a crisis, and serves as a liaison with physicians, hospitals, case managers, therapists and others. We become advocates, carefully articulating needs and anticipated outcomes.
By exceeding NC State regulations for staffing, the Embrace Health team has the time and resources to devote themselves to addressing the individual needs of each resident.
As our residents face physical and emotional change, they can feel secure in the knowledge that caring and dedicated professionals are carefully overseeing and responding to them, embracing them with compassion, care and professionalism.
- 24-hour Registered Nurse Management
- Individualized plan of care
- Resident and family life care management
- On-site rehabilitation therapy including physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- On-site laboratory and pharmacy services
- Medication management
- Ancillary services including dentistry, mental health, podiatry, and audiology
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen service
- Three nutritional meals prepared daily by Southminster’s Executive Chef and culinary team
- Nutritional counseling with a full-time registered dietician
- Life enrichment and lifelong learning programming
- Individualized memory support programming
- Transportation coordination
- Pastoral care
Enjoy the security and convenience of customized care in the in the comfort of your home!
Just imagine what it would mean to your peace of mind and overall security to be able to live in the comfort of your own home while receiving attentive assistance from Southminster’s respected and compassionate healthcare professionals.
Today, much of what once required a clinical setting can be delivered without leaving your residence. As an extension of our “continuing care,” Southminster introduces Embrace Care, a fully-licensed home care provider. Whether living at Southminster or in your current home, Embrace Care can play a positive and supporting role in assessing, protecting and maintaining your health and well being.
Should you experience short-term health needs following surgery or an illness or require long-term assistance, Southminster’s Embrace Care is able to help. Carefully developed programs and services provide flexible individualized care options whenever you need them, all available to you without leaving the safety and comfort of your home. From helping you manage medications to simple companionship, Embrace Care’s broad spectrum of services will give you or your loved one increased understanding and control over personal medical matters and more freedom and choices in how you live your everyday life. These resources are also available to provide help and support for a spouse, or contribute to a much-needed break for overburdened family members and caregivers.
Should you have an interest in learning more about Embrace Care and the services available to you in your home, please call our Embrace Care team at 704-551-7110.
Available In-Home Services include assistance with:
- Daily living (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.)
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Memory support
- Accompanying one to medical appointments
- Light household chores
- General errands
“WE’RE BEING INTENTIONAL IN CREATING SPACES THAT LOOK LIKE HOME, FUNCTION LIKE HOME. WHERE MEALS ARE SHARED TOGETHER, THERE IS A FREEDOM OF SPACE, FREEDOM OF PRIVACY AND SELF- DETERMINATION.”
- MARY COOPER, R.N. SOUTHMINSTER HEALTH & WELLNESS DIRECTOR
A Coming of Age for the Care Neighborhood Concept
Today our plans for creating the most resident centered community in the Carolinas include replacing our existing health center with an architecturally vibrant new care community. The new Embrace Health at Southminster will provide residents who need nursing, assisted living or hospice care with a homelike setting, innovative design and a person-centered approach to care. Residents will enjoy open and inviting small neighborhoods with engaging activity areas designed to encourage socialization and participation even for those facing health challenges. The new design will ensure that residents and families always remain central to decision-making regarding their care.
Impacting Care for Generations to Come
Southminster’s Board of Directors, together with residents and staff, have approved a state-ofthe-art design to continue to deliver exceptional care for generations to come. Our innovative, connected plan allows loved ones to stay seamlessly linked under one roof, while also creating common spaces with new opportunities for support and interaction. The new Embrace Health at Southminster is scheduled for completion in 2020 and will reinvent the future of retirement living and care. It will include the following areas of enhancement and amenities.
"THROUGHOUT THE INDUSTRY, SOUTHMINSTER IS CONSIDERED AN EARLY ADOPTER OF THE PERSON- CENTERED, SMALLHOUSE MODEL OF CARE. IN THE LAST 5 YEARS LESS THAN 5% OF NEW CONSTRUCTION INCLUDED THIS TYPE OF
- JUDE RABIG, NATIONALLY
- Beautifully landscaped courtyards with easy access to cozy outdoor seating encouraging socialization, relaxation and recreation.
- Easily accessible large living rooms, library, sunroom and a demonstration kitchen area central to each neighborhood to be used for a variety of activities and events – cooking demonstrations, grabbing a snack and even preparing daily meals.
- Intimate, beautifully appointed dining rooms within each level of care.
- Uniquely designed to integrate with independent living social spaces.
- A new 200,000 square foot, 4-story, 85-bed health center with modern technology and amenities.
- 25 assisted living apartments, one-bedroom suites each with a kitchenette, living room, separate bedrooms, fully tiled baths, and walk-in closets.
- 60 private skilled nursing rooms with private baths. Private spa bathing areas within each nursing neighborhood.
- Private balconies on each level of care overlooking the courtyard.
- Innovative design with zero entry showers and pass through closets.
- 2 levels of underground parking and additional visitor parking.
- Enhanced clinic area including primary care, psychiatry, podiatry, dentistry, audiology, and expanded physical therapy.
- Secured private access to Levine & Dickson Hospice House, a newly designed 12-bed inpatient community.
- Two levels of skilled nursing – four neighborhoods, each with 15 residential residences.