Embrace Health at Southminster
An innovative concept for delivering care in an architecturally vibrant new community.
Embrace Health at Southminster truly represents the full realization of our Embrace concept. It is the ultimate example of how Southminster is reinventing the future, meeting individual care needs through an architecturally vibrant new care community. Residents needing short-term rehabilitation, assisted living, or skilled nursing will enjoy open and inviting small neighborhoods with engaging activity areas designed to encourage socialization and participation even for those facing significant health challenges. The new design will ensure that residents and families always remain central to decision-making regarding their care.
This newest addition to our Embrace portfolio is a shining example of a person-centered, small-house model of care, a leading-edge concept unique among Life Plan communities nationwide. Embrace Health at Southminster puts ideas about institutional long-term care squarely in the past.
Anchoring the top floor of this 200,000 square foot showplace are one-bedroom assisted living apartments, each with a separate living room, fully tiled bath with a zero-entry shower and walk-in closet. There are large community living rooms, activity areas and a beautiful new dining room with an outdoor terrace.
Skilled nursing is comprised of four small neighborhoods, each designed with easy access and socialization in mind. Just steps away from each residence is the heart of the neighborhood – an open transitional kitchen, dining and living room that opens to an inviting outdoor terrace. The private skilled nursing rooms each have their own private bath with a zero-entry shower and a convenient pass-through closet. Each nursing neighborhood includes a private spa bathing area and gracious balconies overlooking the well-landscaped courtyard. There are also intimate and beautifully appointed gathering spaces for residents and families to come together for special celebrations.
This advanced, connected plan allows loved ones to stay seamlessly linked under one roof, while also creating common spaces with new opportunities for support and interaction. The new Embrace Health at Southminster is scheduled for completion in 2020 and will reinvent the future of retirement living and care. It will include the following areas of enhancement and amenities.
MARY COOPER, R.N. SOUTHMINSTER HEALTH & WELLNESS DIRECTOR
- Beautifully landscaped courtyard with easy access to comfortable outdoor seating encouraging socialization, relaxation and recreation.
- Easily accessible large living rooms, library, sunroom and a demonstration kitchen area central to each neighborhood to be used for a variety of activities and events – cooking demonstrations, grabbing a snack and even preparing daily meals.
- Intimate, beautifully appointed dining rooms within each level of care.
- Gathering rooms uniquely designed to integrate with independent living social spaces.
- A new 200,000 square foot, 4-story, 85-bed structure with modern technology and amenities.
- 25 assisted living apartments, one-bedroom suites each with a kitchenette, living room, separate bedroom, fully tiled bath, and walk-in closet.
- 60 private skilled nursing rooms with private baths arranged in four separate 15-room neighborhoods. Private spa bathing areas within each nursing neighborhood.
- Innovative bath design with zero entry showers and pass through closets.
- Private balconies on each level of care overlooking the landscaped courtyard.
- 2 levels of underground parking and additional visitor parking.
- Enhanced support services including primary care, podiatry, dentistry, audiology, and mental health.
- Expanded gymnasium for physical, occupational and speech therapy services.
- Secured private access to the Levine & Dickson Hospice House, a newly designed inpatient hospice care community with 12 private suites.