Southminster will be a national leader and the community of choice enabling seniors to live their lives to the fullest.
Southminster is a non-profit, charitable community that embraces the individual by fostering a quality of life characterized by choice, independence, well-being, spirituality, dignity, privacy and peace of mind for each person.
Southminster’s Guiding Philosophy
Founded with pride in 1987 by two local churches, Southminster has become the premier non-profit retirement community in the Charlotte area. We serve a vibrant community of residents and others who are living their lives to the fullest. With a respected and highly capable staff, Southminster provides the highest quality healthcare, services and programming. Recognizing the uniqueness of every person, we are seen as a national leader in care for the aging. We reach out to those in the community and help them throughout the transition of aging. For many, this includes a physical move to Southminster. We continually update our services and residences so that they are the most attractive in the region. We embrace change, diversity and technology to improve the lives of our residents and others we serve. We have a strong financial foundation which we are continually improving. Southminster is seen as a leader in giving back to the community through its many partnerships and other charitable activities.
Southminster is committed to the following core values:
1) Community: Southminster residents and others we serve live their lives to the fullest in a collaborative atmosphere of mutual respect, compassion and trust.
2) Excellence: Our leadership and staff have a professional dedication to excel at everything they do, knowing such efforts will improve the lives of our residents and others we serve.
3) Integrity: Our community of staff, residents and others we serve strive for the highest levels of ethical behavior, financial responsibility, fair practices and accountability.
4) Respect for the Individual: Because every individual is unique, Southminster strives to help each resident and others we serve to maximize their independence and well-being.
5) Charity and Outreach: Southminster provides residents peace-of-mind so that they can continue to live a dignified life should unforeseen circumstances cause them to outlive their assets. Additionally, Southminster is dedicated to making a difference in the broader Charlotte community through its charitable work and donations.